Our division’s main objectives are to promote and further the craft of beekeeping in Harlow and the surrounding areas and to assist local members to keep up to date with the latest information. We encourage and assist beekeepers to keep their honeybees in good condition and be aware of the needs and problems of their honeybees. We have both experienced and new members and all our members show great dedication and enthusiasm. Some members of the association are also available for collecting honeybee swarms.
The benefits of joining our local association include:
- A copy of the Harlow NewsLetter, which keeps members aware of how each month affects honeybees and the beekeeper.
- A monthly magazine The Essex Beekeeper, which gives details of future events, news and views around the Essex beekeeping community.
- Automatic affiliation to the British Beekeepers Association, which represents beekeepers at the national and international level; including a monthly copy of ‘BBKA News’, which gives news and events across the country and Insurance cover on your bees against disease and public and product liability. For more information follow this link http://www.bbka.org.uk/members/member_benefits
- Bee Craft is published monthly and distributed to members (an optional subscription at a reduced price).
- Meetings with interesting and informative talks on the many aspects of beekeeping. Being a member will give you access to a wealth of experience. Come along and you can join at any meeting.
Membership runs 1st January until 31st December.
For 2019 the membership rates are :
- £35.90 for single membership
- £19.70 for Partner membership (where a single membership is already paid)
- £5 to be an associate or junior member